discovery 3 dastek uni chip

j90 mud

I know there have been lots of threads on these units but here is the recent experience I have had with this company.

I have a disco 3 and bought the latest unichip direct from dastek. the unit arrived and was fitted with very little trouble. the photo instructions are poorly copied black and white pictures which are a little poor for the money you are spending on the unit.

test drive the car, all is great for 2 days.....

then the dash fills with warning lights and vehicle loses all power, not nice in the fast lane. coast to hard shoulder and turn it off and on again ,all appears fine for a while. this occurs 4 times at various speeds over the next 3 days.I spoke to dastek who said sent unit back to them and they will look at it and test it. this they did and yes it was faulty. I asked for a replacement unit not the same one even if they had fixed it. which they they did without a problem.

fitted the new one.....the car would not even start, loads of warning lights.

spoke to technical dept and guess what .they had sent me a faulty loom . I sent it back and they sent me a new and correct loom down.

fitted that and the unit again.......perfect power and greatly improved drivability. yippee

2 days later and two more near accidents.removed it for the final time.

took car to landrover to check it was not a vehicle fault. clean bill of health.

since the unit has been removed the car has behaved faultlessly as it it did for the previous 20k before the unichip was fitted.

I sent the unit back and got a full refund. now they will not refund the postage costs I have incurred as I don’t have a receipt for the costs.

what can I say abut their customer service. I have tried to speak to the owner but he does not appear to talk to customers.

When they first came out for D2 i got one car would not start! sent back, got it back ok but would then stall at most annoying moments then would not restart, sold it e-bay went to Gary at TD5Alive and got a remap done never been any bother for last 2 years.

Lynall

No its a plug and play but it can also be custom mapped on some dyno rollers.

the unit i am talking about is a plug and play as per their website.and it can not be modded except by dastek at their hq in scotland.this was offered but its way to far in fuel costs