Lifting And wheels

Freelander 1

Hi Guys.

Just to say hi to everyone this looks like a great place to learn more about offroading and about freelanders.

Also i would like to ask, i have a freelander and i want to increase the ground clearance. i know that by lifting it, it won't change the ground clearance but it will allow me to change to bigger wheels.

so do you guys have any advice on which lift to get and also on what tyres would be best.

Also where can you get them from.

Thanks.

Freelander

• 1 month later...

hi, Its alot cheaper to make the lifts yourself, just buy the metal and weld some up, i've done a 2 inch lift on my freelander 03reg, and the biggest wheels i can get on are MT 215/80 R15, but thats with wheel spacers aswell.

Goodluck, Dan

iam running insa turbos Sahara MT215/80/ R15, and they just rub on the bottem suspension cone, can get around it by uprating the coils and dampers, (expensive) or fit 25mm wheel spacers,

What other mods have you done to your 3lander?

Dan,

iam running insa turbos Sahara MT215/80/ R15, and they just rub on the bottem suspension cone, can get around it by uprating the coils and dampers, (expensive) or fit 25mm wheel spacers,

Dan,

The two racing freelander I owned both used 225/75 R 16 with the spacers so the tyre dosn't hit the spring seat.

both cars had 65mm lifts the Ex daker was more like 75mm lift built into the shocks

Dan,

hi m8.

so far i havn't done any mods other than sorting out the lights on top. will slowly over time add more bits and pieces but tbh don't really know what there is to add.

how do the insa turbo saharas react in offroad conditions. would u recommend them for serious offroad fun lol.

cheers

charlie

hi m8.

so far i havn't done any mods other than sorting out the lights on top. will slowly over time add more bits and pieces but tbh don't really know what there is to add.

how do the insa turbo saharas react in offroad conditions. would u recommend them for serious offroad fun lol.

cheers

charlie

I'm a tyre snob I like the BFGoodrich and would recomend them on any freelander.

another good option is the General AT2 and the Goodyear MTR.

The rate freelanders eat tyres a good quality tyre will pay for its self. IMHO

jules.

wot makes you prefer the bf goodrich tyres.

have you tried other mud terrains on them. i want some for major off road as i will have some road tyres as well

but want to know the best pure off road tyre is i can get.

thanks

jules.

wot makes you prefer the bf goodrich tyres.

have you tried other mud terrains on them. i want some for major off road as i will have some road tyres as well

but want to know the best pure off road tyre is i can get.

thanks

The BFG Mud is untouchable by most other tyres but will cost a few pounds more than the run of the mill.

I've done hundreds of thousands of miles on BFG tyres and you do get what you pay for.