Struggling to get to 70mph

Recently purchased 1987 defender with 200tdi defender engine inserted unsure about gearbox though the transfer box has ratio of 1.222 also has rear disc brakes off a defender. tyres 235/85

NOW THE PROBLEM. :(

motorway driving the vehicle itsself is struggling to get to 70mph will go all day at 60mph but getting to 70mph or above is a bit of a worry also seems to struggle going up hills dont mind dropping a gear on A roads but on motorway you would think just press a bit harder on pedal and you will power up the hill ok BUT TO NO AVAIL drops to 50mph or so and would have to change down a cog and then screams it head of a bit to pick the speed up again.

is this down to the gearing or what ?

the turbo is running at 1.4psi so you think there would be power there

any advice much appreciated

cheers

warren

Sounds like injectors not going to second stage to me.

Sounds like injectors not going to second stage to me.

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread.

How could you tell - I guess the second stage is caused by the diaphragm pushing the pin? Should I be able to push the pin with my finger when the engine is stopped?

Only interested because last night I took my car out (while researching it's temperature issues) and realised that it's maximum speed is 71mph, downhill.

The engine NEVER smokes, even at full throttle, which has got me wondering if it's not getting adequate fuel.

If its an lt77 youve got in there, you could change it to an r380-arnt they geared slightly higher? thats with a 1.4 box i think?!

ignore if im wrong.

Saying that im putting a ford RS2000 with twin 45 carbs into my 90.

who needs a v8 anyway!