Flywheels

Hi all,

Writing this I almost feel like I should know it, sure I've seen the answer somewhere and I thought it was on here, but the search didn't bring anything up and I can't see it in the Tech Archive... Spent the past hour looking, can already see the first single post being a link to the exact answer :unsure:

I'm in in the middle of removing my old 2.5n/a Diesel out of my 1986 90 and replacing it with a 300tdi out of a Discovery. Upon removing the 2.5n/a looking at the two Flywheels, the "current" 2.5n/a one looks better than the one on the 300tdi, better in terms of wear...

Can these two flywheels be swapped, are there any issues in doing so? Like Amount of teeth on the Gear Ring/position of mounting bolts or Clutch locating dowels...

Any help would be great, feel sort of stupid asking though :ph34r:

Cheers

Matt2

Guest diesel_jim

Looking on microcat, 200's & 300's share the same number, the 2.5NA's are a different one,

but, if they look the same, i'd go for it!

Done a bit of searching in EPC, it tells me this

2.5n/a diesel has ring gear part number 568431 upto chassis number MA962814 & the same part from chassis number MA962815

now the good news for you

Discovery 300Tdi uses the same ring gear LR part number 568431