The Hydro Assist Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Citroen have cars on the road without a mechanical link, they are designed correctly and "fit for purpose" as the "man at SVA center" commented. Surely then the precedent is set.

The castor thing is new to me, (more rocket science to someone who only recently found out what a castor angle is). If I tilt my axle forwards, will that give me self centre or is it the toe in thing? :huh::unsure:

Citroen have cars on the road without a mechanical link, they are designed correctly and "fit for purpose" as the "man at SVA center" commented. Surely then the precedent is set.

The Citroens are designed so that if the hydraulics fail for any reason a mechanical link is engaged. I researched this a few years ago.

The castor thing is new to me, (more rocket science to someone who only recently found out what a castor angle is). If I tilt my axle forwards, will that give me self centre or is it the toe in thing? :huh::unsure:

As najw said - there is a non hydraulic back up.

Basically yes, however, it isn't that simple as just rotating the axle makes a mess of the diff nose angle (as all those with castor correcting radius arms know about :ph34r: ). I'm sure Portal Tek will have set yours up for you just right :)