TD5 fuel pump woes (again)

ciderman

The works Defender 54 plate suffered a loss of its 3rd fuel pump today, Found the fuse in the seatbox blown ,replaced fuse checked relay and still nothing , And as we had no tools on site,made up a test lamp using side lamp bulb and a paper clip to test if there was a feed at the pump multiplug , all ok there , but the pump was lifeless,

Fitted a spare pump and and all fine now ,

The pump was fitted about 3 months ago and the tank is spottess ,The pumps have all been OE genuine pumps .The first two were replaced due to contaminated fuel. The tank was cleaned out before the third was fitted and the whole system flushed and cleaned .

Question is has anyone else expereinced premature pump failure , I just wondered if there was a bad batch made ??

Ive fitted loads. Put two on two same vehicle in 12 months, Both genuine. Funny thing is every time I ring Landrover and order one they say "we used to have loads of trouble with these but they've been modified now and they're fine" Could have fooled me!