Roll Cage Suppliers/Fitters

This is whitbread, But I think he has changed them a bit now as the last of his I saw didn't taper in with the windscreen like mine. I think the price has gone up a bit since I had this. I did add a diagonal to the the roof which made it a lot more rigid. This truck has had some heavy rolls, Including going end over end 1 1/2 times then a series of barrel rolls to land back on it wheels at the bottom and seemed to come out of it well considering. I have also moved the rear stays to go up to the rear hoop at the point where the roof bars meet.

post-1274-1207592673_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207592703_thumb.jpg

Guest WALFY

AHHHH. For got that. Just as well cos I'm as tight as they come. I almost begrudged spending money with Ashcrofts until I dealt with them. When I got the goods I didn't begrudge the monet at all

What is so special about your cage to cost that much from QT. Is it that bespoke?

All Qutes are for the Same Basic Cage.

the "Special" part of my cage is that due to my Hydraulic Tank that's fitted in rear tub, the rear hoop cross braces cannot go down to base of hoop where it meets the chassis (I know this will make it non ARC or MSA)

Apart from that my only request is to make it as close fitting as humanly possible.

Lyndon

Guest WALFY

Would it not be easier to move the tank slightly? I know without seeing the veh that is a rash question, but if costs a lot less then it has to be worth a few hrs fabbing in the workshop

Would it not be easier to move the tank slightly? I know without seeing the veh that is a rash question, but if costs a lot less then it has to be worth a few hrs fabbing in the workshop

If I Could I Would, but it's all spaced out and have no free space as tank is "Fitted" to Bulkhead Shape then other part of tank is shaped to the spare wheel that in turn is touching the rear winch.

Pain in the arse I know but It in itself doesn't really add much to the cost of the cage according to North, Stunning and Whitbread appx £50>£100.

I just think QT don't really want the work - Hence the price.

Lyndon

I'd also say that having order pre-fabricated bends from QT, and sent them back again because of appauling quality problems, I wouldnt consider using them!

The whitbread stuff looks quite well made (he was usually at Sodbury selling prefabbed bends). The bends look well formed etc, but i've no idea how well they fit to the vehicle.

The QT stuff wasnt square, wasnt evenly bent, and the bending had casued the tubes to ripple on the insides of the bend. We achieved a better bend using a cheapo hand hydraulic bender, the garage floor and a tape measure! They were square, and there was no distortion on the bends.

QT's customer service left something to be desired as well!

Jon