Roll Cage Suppliers/Fitters

Could anybody recomend a good supplier / fitter for a "custom" Roll Cage to fit a 90 Truck Cab ?

I'm after someone preferably in the sound of England (Will travel for Right Job)

I want the Roll Cage to be pretty flush to Roof / A-Pillers

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Lyndon C

North Offroad

ooooppp north but worth the travel

2nd, 3rd, 4th for North Offroad....they make excellent cages.

There are very few good places in the country, and even less in the south, and i could (but wont) mention several people who i wouldnt employ to make them too!!

North Off Road get my vote.

it actually worked out cheaper to drive up there, train back and opposite to collect it than to get one locally to me to the spec i wanted (included fitting)

Guest WALFY

I looked at cages a while back. Before I spent out at Ashcrofts. For me QT came out on top. I've seen their cage on a challenge truck and they are a friendly bunch. North Offroad were a lot dearer plus the fact of 2 return jouneys to get it done made way to expensive to do. So for me it'll be a trip to QT.

Guest WALFY
NOR dearer - not heard that for a while, my 50mm CDS cage was £650 fitted by Shaun, i couldnt get one for that down eeeeer

James

When I called it was 600 for cage +fitting or pick up. Didn't do delivery. So my reasoning was

For fitting

700 for cage

100ish to fit. @ 4hrs 25 quid/hr (?)

80quid fuel to get 90 there and back

50quid to get second car there and back.

For collection

700 for cage

100+ for fuel

trailler hire 50 (for weekend)

I can get the cage cheaper at QT. Collection is closer. So for me it was a no brainer.

Thanks for all help and suggestions.

So far I have managed to speak to 2 of your suggestions:

1) North4x4 - Shaun sounds a helpful and knowledgeable guy and My "Design" is going to cost appx £860 + VAT Fitted

2) Whitbread4x4 - Malcolm also sounds Helpful etc and My "Design" is going to cost appx £750 All In Fitted

Quite a big difference so I need to get a couple more quotes and then look @ what the Differences are and try to make a decision

Lyndon

One thing to bear in mind is the tube used, i know shaun @ NOR uses clubman 500 CDS steel, which is top quality top strength (without going exotic)....i do believe Whitbread unless specified use cheaper, weaker lower spec blue band tube, which whilst it meets MSA spec, the clubman tube is much stronger and far exceeds the standards.....thus costs more!

Trust me, CDS is recommended. I have had several rolls in mine, two ar*se over tit and it landed very heavily on the roll cage both times. CDS will (generally) spring back to its original position.

I bought mine from Dan Evans at Protection and Performance. They fit as well as supply only and they are millimeter perfect. They are oop here though.

Pete at Stunning Services (see link in my sig) has been making cages for racers for years - his work has saved Jules' ass on many an occasion.

Only in Bournemouth so not too far from you.

Yep

Stunning cares have saved me on 4 seprate very big off's

3 racers all at 50+mph end overs and one challenge truck cage dropped 20' onto its roof

but all cage are bespoke

Yep

Stunning cares have saved me on 4 seprate very big off's

3 racers all at 50+mph end overs and one challenge truck cage dropped 20' onto its roof

but all cage are bespoke

Yeah another recomndation for stunning from me

And BTW jules has really test his over the years cages

He had a very very big crash in this hybrid

Image12.jpg

Image29.jpg

And then there is of course his old 90 which had one of petes cages. See the Video of the roll here

page56-1005-full.jpg

Web_IMG_1674.jpg

Even after a very heavy roll (or rather droped on its roof. It is still in one peice and doing its job)

page56-1008-full.jpg

I didn't have any pices of my first roll :lol: three times end over and then was two or three barrel rolls at bickley bridge. The hybrid damage doesnt look to bad there :huh: how wrong could a photo be the engine has broken free, both down pipes snapped and the head bolts were all stretched, rear tub torn off its mounts, fuel tank was ruptured and the whole truck needed completely rebuilding. that was about 2000 I think

the second was a Ibthorpe the the challenge truck was at Bunny lane

Every time I have had a big roll I have replaced the cage as you can't alway see damage

I was also in the stunning racer which it flipped as well.

Well a bit more of an update on Supplier Prices Etc.

Unfortunately Exact Fabrication are moving so will be unable to even think about doing roll cages for three months or so

QT Services were sounding interesting in what they could do until Dave Marsh told me the Price £1350 + VAT

And Finaly I got hold of Stunning Services they don't use CDS but use Red Label (I think that's what they said) and the price is £800 ish fitted.

So it looks like it's going to be between North, Whitbread & Stunning.

Stunning are the More local for Me but North are the Only one of the three that use CDS

Does anybody have some close up pics of the Stunning Rollcages ?

Thanks

Lyndon C