tdi diesel pump leak

The diesel injection pump on my 200tdi has developed a leak.

It's coming from the shaft where the throttle linkage is mounted

does any body know if this is simply a case of replacing the seal on the shaft or is a replacement pump job?

thanks

Rich

I was always led to belive that that is one of the few jobs not recomende for DIY. If you go to a garage they wont even touch it and will call in a "pump" man to do it for them. Mine was leaking when I first fitted my 200tdi but the leak went away after some time of use. I guess it was just dried out from being left standing..

We do them, Just be careful, Make sure you have a good look at where everything goes as you take it apart, Mark everything that has adjustment on it and most importantly of all, Wash it off really well before you start and be sure not to get any dirt in there. Parts available from any Bosch dealer, Just get the number off the pump and they will sort it from there.