voltage regulator for Bosch 150 amp alternator

Gandalph

G'day,

I have a Bosch 150 amp alternator on my 1999 4.6 Rangie. The brushes which are part of the internal voltage regulator module are getting sticky and worn down a bit. My local auto electrician says there are no serviceable parts in that alternator and when the brushed go it is a throw-away-and-replace job. :( I cant believe that there isn't a replacement brush block available. The alternator number is: 0 123 520 022 and the brush block/voltage regulator number is 0 197 311 549.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a suitable replacement?

Thanks

I'm assuming you are UK based.

If you want to continue treating this as a P38A enquiry, you will find people who are more 38A biased on the 4.0/4.6/P38A Forum on http://www.Rangerovers.net

Although it's an American biassed site, there are a fair number of UK based owners who contribute.

There will be no harm looking on the main site, although the American bias may show in recomendations to fit US sourced Alternators.

An alternative is to reword your requirement by placing the Range Rover reference as a last line, and repost the query into the more widely read International section of this site.

A third alternative is to seek a stockist of spare parts for Bosch alternators, and post on the Car Mechanics site, although this isn't a whole hearted recommendation as there are some people on there who are more intent on 'smart' answers (who I think it's best to ignore).

http://www.carmechanicsmag.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Put in the Bosch details you have, just recognise that the 38A isn't the most common vehicle they come across, which is why is suggest concentrationg on the Bosch angle. A lot of the responders are mechanics.

I'm assuming you have Googled '+bosch +alternator +spares' and found nothing useful.

HTH