Which Fluids, seals & parts for a service

Due to a nose operation in a few weeks I have to take 2 weeks off work and will be bored stupid esp as I can't take the gun out. And no before you ask, it isn't cosmetic :P

So rather than sit about the house, I thought it would be a good idea to do a complete service on the 110.

What fluids, seals and parts will I need in advance?

By collating other threads I have:

UJ's: Lithium based General purpose such as Castrol LM

Steering, Swivels, Axles & Transfer: EP80/90 or Gear Oil

Gearbox (R380): MTF94

Engine Oil: haynes says 5W/30 to 25W/50 - About 8 litres? any preferences?

Will I need a copper sump plug washer and what size is this?

Apart from oil filter I have I missed anything? It doesn't need a cambelt as that was done recently.

Next, rear bench seats: Am I correct in thinking that there are two sizes of benches? A two seater for a 90 and a 3 seater for a 110? can't seem to find anything definitive about this.

thanks,

Mad

Guest diesel_jim
Next, rear bench seats: Am I correct in thinking that there are two sizes of benches? A two seater for a 90 and a 3 seater for a 110? can't seem to find anything definitive about this.

thanks,

Mad

Yes, there are 2 types of seat, a "2 man" and a "3 man".

up to about 2002~3, 110 SW's had the 3 man type in the back, giving 6 (very cramped) seats in the very back of the vehicle. 90's had the 2 man seat. later 110's only had the 2 man type seats (due to some EU rule i think).

Due to a nose operation in a few weeks I have to take 2 weeks off work and will be bored stupid esp as I can't take the gun out. And no before you ask, it isn't cosmetic :P

So rather than sit about the house, I thought it would be a good idea to do a complete service on the 110.

What fluids, seals and parts will I need in advance?

By collating other threads I have:

UJ's: Lithium based General purpose such as Castrol LM

Steering, Swivels, Axles & Transfer: EP80/90 or Gear Oil

Gearbox (R380): MTF94

Engine Oil: haynes says 5W/30 to 25W/50 - About 8 litres? any preferences?

Will I need a copper sump plug washer and what size is this?

Apart from oil filter I have I missed anything? It doesn't need a cambelt as that was done recently.

thanks,

Mad

8L - dont know depends what engine you have, td5 is around that figure though 7.5? 5/40 i used last time. Yes i would fit a new sump washer and new washer for the G box as well.

Std and centrifugal filter to do on a td5 other wise just a std filer on TD, TDi.

Fuel filter?

15W/40 Semi synthetic for the engine, replace oil filter, air filter, fuel filter. If you have One-Shot grease in the swivel housings - it has no service change. EP80/90 in both Diffs and Transfer box, and Dextron3 or equivalent in the gearbox.

LM grease in the U/J's (3-points on each prop). Check brake fluid for colour - if it is dark it has to be replaced (bleed through longest distance first). Same for the clutch fluid. Check and top up PAS fluid (there's a dipstick on the inside of the cap), screen wash fluid, engine coolant (engine cold).

Check-

Tyre pressure

Wheel bearings

Swivel bearings

TRE's

U/J play (before greasing them)

Prop sliding joints (before greasing them)

Transfer case rear output bearing & seal (handbrake off)

Both diff pinion bearings

Transfer case front output bearing and seal

Brake hose perishing/Ferrule corroding

Brake pipe security

Brake pads/shoes

Fuel pipe security

Lights

Screen wipers and washer

Bonnet catch

Door hinges/locks

Seat belt anchor points/catches/frayed sections

Play in steering column upper bearing

Handbrake lever travel and lever security

Test drive the vehicle - apply the brakes both gently and sharply. Look for wandering, vibration through the brake pedal or pulling to one side.

Les.