ARB compressor in engine bay

haakon

Not an ARB but a similar one. I mounted it on a platform bracket, bolted through the inner wing on the driver's side (RHD) & wired it direct to the battery (just in front) & fused it separately.

Vehicle is not here at the moment or I would get a phot.

I'd be interested to hear how these ARB compressors cope with the under bonnet heat and dirt thrown in the engine bay.

I'm having lockers fitted soon and need a place to fit the compressor....the interior of the truck is filling up and I'm running out of options...the engine bay could be the last choice...although I feel it is not the ideal one.

Thx.

S

Can't see why it should be a problem apart from getting ****e over them as they are (well my Thomas is) oil free lubed & if kept capped should be ok imho.

I have read where some fit them under a seat & others where they are fixed to a board or something, so they can be removed for use elsewhere.

Btw. The above was supposed to be an image, but it didn't work so I killed it.

I had a look at this yesterday. To me it seems pretty much impossible to fit the largest kompressor in the engine bay. I'm considering putting in the back of my Disco. I will also give me easier access to the compressor.

Hi All

The best place is under the seat (lh side), putting them in the engine compartment is just too hot

especially here in the middle east. An alternative is to use one of the spaces occupied by

one of the very rear seats (in a 7 seater). There was a guy here who had twin arb compressoers

in a neat little housing to replace one of those seats. He used one for the difflocks and both together

for reinflating.

Thx Roger & Haakon.

I think I should find out exactly which compressor comes with the lockers. I have a pair of the earlier generation ARB compressors which cartainly appear to be a tad large to go under the seats. I heard of a newer/smaller dsign of ARB compressor that is being for just the lockers...anyone care to add to this?

Mine... being a 3 door also complicates the issue a bit....not to mention that I have two under floor sill tanks which makes running pipes under the floor a bit of a pain.

My rear storage bin compartments are already full. I may investigate the rear seat side pockets...JW had his there didn't he?

Thx.

S