Why dispute if its a real landrover !!!

pigfarmer

Despite all thats been said on the subject it does seem to break with satisfying regularity and the latest is it does'nt start, intermittently, turn the key and the dash lights work but no ignition, it does sound as though the solenoid clicks lazily. I thought it might be the ignition switch when it first started doing it but now think its elsewhere as if you leave the ignition turned and dont wiggle the key but wait it will occasionally fire, hence me doubting the switch connection ! Starter solenoid ?

I'd put my money on a bad earth mate ;) , take all your earth cables off (starter ect.) clean both end's (namely the chassis side) especially clean around the contact point on the chassis, a wire brush would be best, untill it shines. Perhaps also look at your battery to chassis earth connection and check that is ok. Re-connect the earths and cover in electrical grease (normal grease will do if you dont have the eletrical stuff). Hopefully that will sort it, certainly an easy and cheap thing to try.

Hope that helps