300Tdi Chassis Mounts

Does anybody have (or can point me in the right direction) pictures of the chassis portion of the 300Tdi motor mounts?

We are about to stuff the 300 into my 110 this weekend and I am not sure yet about fabbing up the mounts. Can I just relocate the 2.5 NA mounts or will I need something a little different?

Of course if anyone has some measurements on the placement of the new mounts, I would be interested as well. I didn't have much luck doing a search... got back everything but what I was looking for. Must be my technique.

:(

Thanks

Brett

Or if you want to leave the chassis mounts where they are, make up a new right hand side mount to bolt to the engine, you'll just have to leave some clearance for the oil filter but that's it, nice straight forward fab job on the bench instead of crawling around the engine bay.

HTH

Mo

Or if you want to leave the chassis mounts where they are, make up a new right hand side mount to bolt to the engine, you'll just have to leave some clearance for the oil filter but that's it, nice straight forward fab job on the bench instead of crawling around the engine bay.

HTH

Mo

You can make a bolt on bracket for the right hand side that fits the stock 2.5na frame mount or you have to weld on a right hand mount?

Diesel Jim, thanks for that link. I had seen it before but do you think I could find it again?

I should have mentioned that my truck currently has the 2.5 NA mated to an R380, the one with the short bell housing. I have another R380, with the longer bell housing, that came with the 300Tdi that will be going into the truck with the new engine. I am thinking (hoping) that the new gearbox bolts up in the same spot and this in turn pushes the 300 forwards and into the right location. I think it was Western in a previous post that thought this should be correct.

The plan would then be to fab up some chassis mounts. One thing I was told is that I should get the engine in the right spot, install the rad and cowl, then centre the fan in the cowl, giving me the correct height. Sound reasonable.

Only three more sleeps till the big day!

Brett