help!!

right people here is the most bizzare problem,i have a 200tdi defender 90 1992,if i do an oil and filter change with a mann filter it works great,any other make of filter fram bosch unipart and the oil floods out the sides of the filters straight away,if i get a new mann filter its perfect,but take it off for a unipart or fram or even genuine landrover with matching part numbers up and it dumps the oil straight out the sides of the filter,put a new mann back on and its fine,i am 100 percent positive that all filters are for a 200tdi with even a master technician fitting the genuine landrover filter after, he didnt believe me,needless to say it did it to him to,HELP!!!!.......................I thought i would just change the oil filter housing all together on advice from proffesionels i have one but does anybody know if a discovery 1990 200tdi filter housing will fit my 1992 200tdi defender 90 engine block??? somebody please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

oil filter should have a rectangular section O ring in the top, smear some clean oil on it then screw onto the filter head, yours sounds like it is deeply scored at the mating face.

all 200Tdi's use the same filter head & element.

oil filter should have a rectangular section O ring in the top, smear some clean oil on it then screw onto the filter head, yours sounds like it is deeply scored at the mating face.

all 200Tdi's use the same filter head & element.

i have noticed the thread depths are different on the mann to the others,it winds on to the housing a lot more before tightning it up,thanks for reply