2007 defender rejected today i gave up

right update

they have repaired the faults listed and i have accepted the defender back yesterday this is my argreement with them

Further to the collection of our Defender from Sidcup this morning and my conversation with your Technician I have agreed to accept the above defender back on the condition that no further fault occur between now and the first service date which is in 1800miles .

I feel we have now given you a fair opportunity to rectify the problems listed in our letter dated 24.04.08 if any faults do occur between this date and the first service we will have no option than to refer back to our previous letter and reject the vehicle and ask that it be replaced.

i think this is fair way to go forward with this matter

daniel

and i got we can't make the gearbox make the noise noththing wrong with it. they seemed to have repaired that as well just wonder if they ever fitted the clutch right in the first place:rtfm:

dan

Hi Dan

Glad to hear you're hopefully getting somewhere, as you know I'm going through the rejection situation with mine.

Did you take legal advice? my understanding is that by accepting the vehicle back having rejected it, you've waived your right to later subsequent rejection.

But if its all good now, hopefully it'll be happy motoring from now on. :D

Hi Dan

That letter was very straight to the point. I did copy it as a standard in case I fall a culprit to something similar. I hope the car gives you some peace from now on. An unfunctioning defender is a pain in the past...Good Luck :rolleyes:

Ps .. Dan did you verify the changes made on the car or you simply figure out by being attentive with the engine noise?

Hi Dan

That letter was very straight to the point. I did copy it as a standard in case I fall a culprit to something similar. I hope the car gives you some peace from now on. An unfunctioning defender is a pain in the past...Good Luck :rolleyes:

Ps .. Dan did you verify the changes made on the car or you simply figure out by being attentive with the engine noise?

hi dan

its still playing up at present with a clutch / gear box noise

will keep you posted

dan