Calling all Disco sparkies...

Guest DiscoTD4

Guest DiscoTD4

Calling all Discovery sparkies . I have pulled out the non-standard head unit on my 97MY Dicos TDi and have been met with the usual mess of wires.

There are two aerial leads, one with a right angle plug and the other with a straight plug. The latter looks like its been scarfed onto the lead. Note - the non-standard head also had an external aerial installed on the inside of the windscreen. So that’s three aerial leads, talk about greedy

I want to use the standard aerial that’s built into the rear window (assuming its not faulty) so I need to trace the original aerial feed – is it the one with a right angle plug on ?

Also there is a lead with a right angled DIN type plug with a blue cover and a red multi block connector neither of which were connected – what are these for ?

Thanks

Post up a pic if you can but my guess on the plugs is either rear door amp/subwoofer or CD autochanger or maybe both, from the original ICE installation.

I think from memory the OEM aerial connection was a straight plug. I also seem to recall there is an aerial amplifier somewhere, on the models with the aerial in the rear window, so you will need to make sure that is OK to get it working.

Guest DiscoTD4
Post up a pic if you can but my guess on the plugs is either rear door amp/subwoofer or CD autochanger or maybe both, from the original ICE installation.

I think from memory the OEM aerial connection was a straight plug. I also seem to recall there is an aerial amplifier somewhere, on the models with the aerial in the rear window, so you will need to make sure that is OK to get it working.

thanks , yes could be the wiring prep for the CD and bass woofer as fitted on higher spec models :( good call.

Once I've ID'd the leads I can trace them through and do some testing

Cheers