Bulkhead Repair Panels

JohnTC

The 65' Series 11a that I've recently purchased needs some repair work on the bulkhead, no surprises there. Which is the best supplier of repair panels as I've noticed the odd comment about quality, fit, etc in a number of threads, so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance.

The 65' Series 11a that I've recently purchased needs some repair work on the bulkhead, no surprises there. Which is the best supplier of repair panels as I've noticed the odd comment about quality, fit, etc in a number of threads, so I'm looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance.

if you have to cut them down to cover the rot even cheepies will do.

if your after quality then try here

http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.com/

these guys seem to be pretty good.

cheers

I just bought cheapo paddocks ones, had to cut them to fit but I think If I had cut all the old one out they would have fitted, it's more out of choice as there was plenty of good metal left. Welded in myself and a good paint of hammerite and it still looks good now nearly 3 years later

I got the footwell repair panels, door pillars and feet from Paddocks. Cheap and good enough for the job. I fabricated the centre section over the transmission tunnel because I was going to be fitting a V8 but now plans have changed, I'll probably be able to hold a party between the engine and the bulkhead :P

To make sure mine fitted ok, I welded one side up properly (when I say "properly"....I mean I tried to join all of the various bits together) between the door pillar and footwell, then welded the other door pillar on at the top only before fitting it. This allowed a bit of horizontal movement so I could line the foot hole up with the chassis before buzzing the pillar to the footwell.