Weight of 2.25L Engine

tuko

The 300Tdi that I will be replacing it with, dry weight is 205 kg. When I go in for the MOT, I'll need the besides the specifications of each motor, I'll also need to know the weights of each engine, so that I can prove that I'm within the weight limits specified on their charts for the front axle.

A guy in northern Sweden installed a Nissan 6 cyl diesel in his 110, that failed the MOT due to the weight of the motor. He had to upgrade to a 130 front axle and have a letter from Land Rover proving the axle type and characteristics were within the MOT guidelines. So, to prepare myself for the dreaded test I'm collecting all the data/information/letters now.

Therefore does anybody know the dry weight of a 2.25L engine ?

Todd.

A guy in northern Sweden installed a Nissan 6 cyl diesel in his 110, that failed the MOT due to the weight of the motor. He had to upgrade to a 130 front axle ...

are they not exactly the same?