Borg Warner Swapout

Matt B

Just a quickie, I have swapped the BW for an LT230, all bolted up but the car won't start - it just clicks. Is there any lockout on the BW that I have to deal with? The gearbox is in Park and I haven't disconnected any wires on it that I am aware of...

Matt

Just a quickie, I have swapped the BW for an LT230, all bolted up but the car won't start - it just clicks. Is there any lockout on the BW that I have to deal with? The gearbox is in Park and I haven't disconnected any wires on it that I am aware of...

Matt

Not that I am aware of, just the connection for low / high range switch and speedo cable [and transducer if later].

If it clicks, that would imply that power is getting to the starting solenoid so rules out the inhib side, low battery or dicky starter solenoid would be my shout.

Couple of intial thoughts:

Reverse light switch not adjusted correctly?

Dependant on age of vehicle (with Fuel injected engines) the auto gearbox is connected to the ECU. Is the connection intact? Manual boxes have a fixed resistor wired in series in place of this conenction for auto boxes.

Did you reconnect the large ground cable to the gearbox? - I did just this a while ago. The starter does not get enough current to spin.

Possibly not the same as my nas but there is also an earth cable for the rear lights that gets bolted to the RHS of the transfer box and if not re-fitted leads to all sorts of lighting problems. Got left off a few years ago when the auto and transfer box were replaced, which is why I know :P