My Door Dilemma

So I have a bit of a dilemma!!!

I've got a 2003 Td5 90 truck cab that was rolled:( After it was rolled the owner took off the roof and doors(and got rid of them so I'm missing those bits), roughly straightened the firewall and put a series roof and doors on it and carried on using it.

When I got hold of it I pulled it apart, I've re-paneled it with all new panels on the lower half and made my own rear tub, I managed to get hold of a 110 5 door roof so I extended the sides and shortened the roof up. It's starting to take shape now and look like a 90!!!

The problem I have is doors, I have some early 110 sliding window doors that are pretty rough but I have new skins for them and they will come up really well after a bit of tlc. I'm not sure that I want sliding windows though, but I do want lift up catches rather than the push button type. I can get a set of lift up catch windup window doors but they will need repairing and therefore reskinning, only problem is that the company that makes the skins has closed down by the sound of it:(

So here are my questions for you!!!

Is there somewhere I can get new skins for the winding window liftup catch doors?

Does any one have some photos of a 90 that has sliding window doors with a CSW top? I'm not sure how the sliding windows will look with the CSW sides.

Should I just run with the sliding windows?

Oh yeah, I'm in New zealand too, defender parts are pretty rare here:(

Cheers guys

only military 90's in the UK had sliding windows when the civvu 90 was first sold it had wind up windows & lift up handles. a good set of Series 2 or 3 doors would do until you can source the type you want.

Stay with the sliding ones, if you have the aluminium tops on it :) My second choice is windup/lifting handle. Pushbutton third choice, got them frozen in a very cold challenge weekend in the Belgian Ardennes a couple of years ago. Non-LandRover owners had a laugh when we were breathing out on the pushbuttons and trying with a lighter to open them in the morning.... ;)

A bit of grease might would have fixed the problem, but afterwards we were to late for doing that ;)

I'm totally with you on the lift up catches!!!

Mine is'nt a challenge truck, it'll be to nice and straight for that, though it will have lockers, 35's and my 8274:)

The tops I have are the aluminium type, they are cool, just not sure that they will be practical for our only car.

You never get the full window opening and you have to check they are locked, no big drama, but just a consideration.