replacing offside rear outrigger

Still learing how to do jobs on my 90 - latest job is to replace rear tube 'rigger - I guess it will fail MOT if I don't as it is perforated? I have searched the forum for tech articles but can't find anything detailed enough for me as a newbie. I have bought the part from Craddocks and know someone who can do welding for me - is it a weld job? How do I ensure alignment as this 'rigger supports the diesel fuel tank - I guess I will have to remove tank so what do I use to keep alignment? As much detail as possible please and any photos' would be a big help. One day I'll be the one giving advice but for now it one hell of a big learning curve :)

The outrigger you have bought is designed to pass right through the chassis and be welded on both sides of the rail. The hard part is removing the remains of the old one in order to fit the new. If you are goping to MIG the new one in place, then as long as the tank isn't leaking, it's ok to fit the outrigger, bolt it to the tank to get it lined-up, then weld it in place. Otherwise - careful measuring is needed.

I replaced one once, but it was before the tech archive, so no thread from me I'm afraid

Les.