200 or 300 tdi ? lt77 or r380 1995 N reg discovery

i have been given, for a few jobs and a beer, a discovery rolling chassis with engine/ box's etc its a 1995 N reg so as the title suggests is it a 300 tdi or 200 and will it be fitted with an lt77 or an r380 box? reason for this is we are in the process of fitting a discovery 200tdi and defender lt77 in a 110 defender could i ( if the 200tdi gives up in the future) fit (if it is) the 300tdi (which i suspect it is) and with my defender td flywheel housing would a defender lt77 box marry up to the 300tdi disco engine? :rolleyes:

i have been given, for a few jobs and a beer, a discovery rolling chassis with engine/ box's etc its a 1995 N reg so as the title suggests is it a 300 tdi or 200 and will it be fitted with an lt77 or an r380 box? reason for this is we are in the process of fitting a discovery 200tdi and defender lt77 in a 110 defender could i ( if the 200tdi gives up in the future) fit (if it is) the 300tdi (which i suspect it is) and with my defender td flywheel housing would a defender lt77 box marry up to the 300tdi disco engine? :rolleyes:

If its a 95 then its an M plate and will un less its been modified fitted as standard with the 300 and an R380 and the axles will have 24spline diffs.........both can be fitted to either with a bit swaping about but gearbox and engine mounts are different on the chassis and engine/gearbox so would need to be changed......as is your intercooler pipework and a few other bits.