300 TDI INTO A S11A

kingdong

Hi all

going to fit a 200 tdi into my s11a and wounded if a 300 tdi inter cooler will fit a s11a i know the n/s h/lamp will be in the way but was thinking if i don't need to use the tdi fan can i just move the radiator back an inch and the radiator panel forward an inch make the space up in between the two and fit the inter cooler is it doable.

graham.

s11a swb bronse green.

soon to have a 200 tdi in.

don't whant the s111 look the s111 rad panel is vertually the same as a s11a rad panel just the h/lamp are in a different position many people who have done the 200 tdi conversion with a s111 just cut two holes out for the cooler pipe outlets so thought by putting a bigger distance between thr rad and rad panel would make the cooler to be in the same place as it would be on a s111 alowing the cooler to fit inbetween the rad and h/lamp.

graham.

s11a swb bronze green.

soon to have a 200 tdi in.

I have centre lights in mine using a 200Tdi rad and intercooler. I sneakily leant it all backwards a little bit.

I bought a TD5 cooler at the weekend at a very give away price. I thought it worth investigating but, I hadn't realised how high it was so it won't fit due to the steering as I can't lift it higher to clear it due to the lights. I have however gone a bit mad and cut 3 1/2 inches off the end, currently filing out all the end plate holes again to re-assemble, crazy amount of work lol, only doing it to see if it can be done and I guess as much as anything I won't let it beat me lol.

post-3874-1211040831_thumb.jpg

post-3874-1211041098_thumb.jpg