Seat suppliers.

I got my series seats from BLRS, but that was about 8 years ago now. As has been said, not quite as nice as exmoor, but a fraction of the price too... can't seem to find a website for them though...

Graham, why do you not want to go to Exmoor?

Is it a price issue? Or something else?

The quality of their work really is very good & well worth what you pay for it. They also have far greater product choice than anyone else.

Just beacuse it's £700 for five seat (and those are pretty much the cheapest ones), and when I rang them to see if there was any applicable discount, they said "you could have one if you were a dealer, but you're not, so you have to ask". And when I asked them by email, they replied

"

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I am afraid we are not able to offer you any discount on this order at this time.

If we can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Sandy

ExmoorTrimâ„¢

Sandy Purcell

SALES TEAM ADMINISTRATOR"

Or am I just being a tightwad? :P

Just because they are the best in the business, and offer the greatest range of products, they think they can hold us over a barrel. :o

You need to speak to the sales manager - Diana I think, but may be wrong. I always get discount there, as I once received very poor service, and told her that I will be taking my business elsewhere. Never ask for discounts via email....its too easy for them to say "no".....when you have them on the phone, always be polite, ask questions, and finally the price.......when its too high, say your going somewhere else......its a lot harder to say "no" when they think they could potentially make a few hundred quid quite easily. If they dont knock 10% off, you wont be back...they know that!

There may also be an element of you being a tightwad here too!!! ;) Obviously £700 is a lot of money to most of us, but you really do get what you pay for from Exmoor!

I have seen the quality of work from DNA & Exmoor both, and for the sake of a hundred pounds or so, I would just go with Exmoor.....if it was me (and I am going to be ordering new seats from them soon) I would just always have this niggle in the back of my mind, that I have a slightly inferior product & that I should have saved up a bit longer for something that would ultimately be better.

Martin

Graham

what seats are you looking for? I have just sold 2 defender xs dickies (£120) and a 60/40 xs bench (£75) on ebay, there's lots on there. I also sold a set of discovery ii middle row 60/40's for £130, these are land rover quality seats, they will fit and they are way under £700...

bpman

BP Man, being the fussy sod that I am, I want new ones.........

I rang exmoor, tried to get hold of Diana, only to find that Diana was actually Debbie...........got the items gathered mataphorically and pleaded as only I can, and she said "No, sorry, we can't".

I'll probably still buy em......they do look the business, but I am a little annoyed at them and that might just spoil the pleasure of the purchase.

Haven't bought em today tho.

Hey ho.