300 TDi exhaust problem

Last week I took off the down pipe section of my exhaust. The new piece was only delivered a couple of days ago. Now the problem is that getting it out was a complete fluke and for the life of me I can’t seem to manoeuvre the new piece into place. Are there any hints, tips or tricks to enable me to do this as I spent a good couple of hours underneath the truck trying? It’s like one of those metal coil puzzles!!!!!!! :blink:

Last week I took off the down pipe section of my exhaust. The new piece was only delivered a couple of days ago. Now the problem is that getting it out was a complete fluke and for the life of me I can’t seem to manoeuvre the new piece into place. Are there any hints, tips or tricks to enable me to do this as I spent a good couple of hours underneath the truck trying? It’s like one of those metal coil puzzles!!!!!!! :blink:

Separate from manifold and rear section. Then jack up CHASSIS with axles remaining on the ground. There will then be enough space to wiggle vertical section down between sump and front axle. With the vertical section now horizontal it can be removed rear wards until it clears front axle. Reverse for fitting!