LRM Show

Dear All,

Let me introduce myself: I am Marian Tudoroiu (Ted) from Romania. I have an Defender 110 TD5 1999, and I started the preparation to participate at the LRM Show on July 18th. That means a log trip from Romania to UK so I combined it with my annual holiday and I will have some stops in Croatia, Italy, France and finally UK (Northampton). I use my Defender not only for daily business but also for offroad and I have some changes/improvements to it: bullbar, winch, tyres, Oldmanemu set, etc. And now the question: could you tell me if special documents, requirements, etc will be asked or could I have any restriction to drive in any of these country?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards

MT

post-4720-1212727782_thumb.jpg

The modifications to your vehicle are very common in this country - we have to declare these modifications to our insurers in some circumstances. As far as I'm aware, you only need to make sure you are insured to drive in this country (a lot of insurance policies have European cover anyway), but it's best to check. My insurers require me to buy a 'claim pack' - in case of an accident, and it's less than £10 for that. Your drivers license is valid in this country for a year (I think). Check also that you have breakdown recovery in case you become immobile. Apart from that, the usual documents for travelling abroad from your country.

Oh - we also drive on the opposite side of the road :)

Les.

Dear All,

Let me introduce myself: I am Marian Tudoroiu (Ted) from Romania. I have an Defender 110 TD5 1999, and I started the preparation to participate at the LRM Show on July 18th. That means a log trip from Romania to UK so I combined it with my annual holiday and I will have some stops in Croatia, Italy, France and finally UK (Northampton). I use my Defender not only for daily business but also for offroad and I have some changes/improvements to it: bullbar, winch, tyres, Oldmanemu set, etc. And now the question: could you tell me if special documents, requirements, etc will be asked or could I have any restriction to drive in any of these country?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards

MT

post-4720-1212727782_thumb.jpg

Thank you Les for your quick and useful answer. I appreciated and I'am glad that no so big problems to be solved.

Regarding the opposite side of the road I will do my best to manage ;)

Thanks again

Ted

If you come from any country within the European Union the driving license is accptable no mater the length of stay. For those outside the European Union, it's as Les said, one year on the current license and then you must apply for a UK license and go through our test etc.

Therefore, you should be fine for a visit :)

Neil

:unsure: I remember my first time in the UK... Walthamstow by then.. Sitting in my friends car I nearly jumbed out of my skin when I saw this trailer nearing us.... :unsure: First experience on the other side of the road.. Went to Tobago and managed to drive on the other side.... Scary ainit? :lol: