Seat foam replacement - Exmoor

I'm stumped. I got the retrim kit for front seats. Took out passenger seat base on Thursday and tipped out the remains of the foam then cleaned up and fully repainted the seat base. This morning I have just gone to fit the new base in and it doesn't seem to fit :angry: .

The base of the lower part sits a good 30mm up from the seat base where it is meant to be glued. I have tried pushing and shoving but not sure if I am getting anywhere. I definited ordered the pre-2007 version and have just double checked the invoice.

Is it is case of just pushing and shoving more comprehensively - which would I admit give a good fit so long as it will actually squeeze in.

Now caught since only one seat in The Beastie and daughter is away for weekend with the other car!

Anyone who has done this previously may be able to give me a much appreciated hint!

Many thanks and in hope - the wrath of she who may be denied shopping is not worth thinking about!!!

Malcy

Brilliant western. Thanks. I shall now proceed with a bit more confidence.

BTW am off next weekend to have a shot at Museums On The Air out at the Museum of Flight near East Fortune. See how the big boys play - they have a 10m wide yagi for 20m :lol:

Guest wunntenn

I did my 1989 110 seats last week. The foam does appear to be too big, but you need to use some considerable force to install correctly. When you sit on it afterwards you will appreciate how much the firmness of the seat is improved by having it so 'snug'. The black gasket is the solution - use it to carefully pinch the material all round and you should be fine. I managed alone, but it was really tiring on the fingers and I could have used some assistance to make the job easier. The fit and finish are excellent and the comfort is vastly improved.