Stabiliser bar for leafers?

backball

Was looking for info on parabolics and found this thread. What caught my attention was the stabiliser. Eventhough it's not a Land Rover it seems interesting as a concept as I'd assume it helps in increasing traction on the elevated wheel in an offroad situation.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/1...ic-springs.html

Is this the intended use for this and could this be applied for Series vehicles?

isn't it just to reduce body roll... which would then limit articualtion.. which is bad off road... but good on road!!!

A defender one mounts of the chassis with links down to the axle. I spose you could fit one to the rear if the defender one isnt to wide to fit between the wheels.

Probably wouldnt be to difficult either...if you can weld!!!

Er.........I think what you're looking at is the anti roll bar as fitted to those as standard. Theres no anti-wrap bar in those photos.

They're basically there to reduce body roll and improve on road cornering.

They provide no useful benefit off road and all they really do is serve to reduce axle travel.

They're fitted to many later discos/rangies as standard.

Jon