S1 questions

reads90

Well i have always been after a s1 to do up. Well i have the chance to buy 2 what i am told is a 48 and a 50's 80 inch ones .

Question i have is are these two 80inch ( i have not been to see them yet just had pics sent to me )

And what do they weigh and what is the length of them. Wondereing if i can get both of them onto one trailer or flatbed truck

They both run and can be driven One better than the other.

First one

4d90_12.JPG

61bb_12.JPG

second one

5dc4_12.JPG

6658_12.JPG

5934_12.JPG

Just sorting out price and how i am going to pick them up <_<

No they are not 80''.They are 86's. 80'' have oval instrument panels and no storage/glove compartments, pipe windscreen frames pivoting from bonnet height, and the bulkhead (firewall) sheetmetal is basically a one piece pressing.A 48 model would have tiny headlamps hidden behind the wire grille and narrow front springs with swinging shackles at the front .86's have rectangular door bottoms with recessed handles and proper door seals. 80's have door bottoms that are wider at the top than the bottom, no exterior door handles and no real seals. Only guessing now but about 1200 kgs each as pictured and 11ft 6''(3.4 metres) long.

Bill.

Hi,

If you have side-on pictures then it's easy to tell - the 86" has door bottoms which have a vertical rear edge, while the 80" has a slanted rear edge to the door to clear the wheel arch.

As for overall length - http://www.landyonline.co.za/specs/series1.htm quotes dimensions (track, width, length, mass) of 1.27m, 1.52m, 3.35m and 1184kg respectively. Tiny by modern standards...

Hope this helps

Roger

[quote name='reads90' date='Jun 15 2008, 05:27 PM' post='277637'

Christ bill i thought i was sad about land rovers :lol::lol::lol: , very imformative

Well Ali I have had the misfortune to own at least one of every series model. :P

Bill.

:lol: well i am trying just got the s1 left to complete the set :lol: