Brake Servo Filter

Greetings!

Im planning to replace the seals on the brake master cylinder this week, so i may as well get the all the braking system serviced. In both the workshop manual and the owners manual a mysterious "Renew brake Servo filter every 36000 miles" appears. The only problem being i can't find a part no for the servo filter. Does anybody have any ideas? Ive got a 1991 Def 110 CSW 200tdi.

Cheers :D

The filter comes as part of a kit. If you look in the manual you'll see this pic:

post-1725-1213693179_thumb.jpg

9, 10 and both 11s are part of the following kits (click the part #s for a photo):

- 18G8951L - for "Type 50" brake servos

- AEU2741 - for "Type 800" brake servos

If you don't know what brake servo type you have on the vehicle, take a look at chapter 1.3 HERE.

I'm not sure either description matches the servo i seem to have, the info on the duckfield site conflicts with the info on the rimmer bros site http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/land-ro...s#Brake%20Servo :unsure:

According to the EPC i have the servo STC442 (superseded) -> STC4322. Ive got a picture of the servo here and ive measured the diameter, which is approx 270mm.

post-3901-1213697813_thumb.jpg

The rimmer bros info states that for the type 50 it has "276mm diameter non return-valve aperture at top left." Which may be mine, although the part no is different, but from what perspective is left and right in this case?

The EPC does have the overhaul kits on there for the 50 and 80 with those part nos quoted, but it is claiming that it is not applicable to this specification.

Everywhere, except rimmerbros but including EPC, it says the "Type 50" NRC4775 is 227mm and "Type 80" NRC4772 is 276 mm, so there's no doubt about this.

This is how a STC4322 looks like: http://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/itemimages/STC4322.jpg and it doesn't seem to be what you have.

If it's not a Type 80 then maybe is a STC2878 - Edit: no, it isn't, stc2878 has the valve at the bottom, same as Type 50.

It seems i have the "interim" servo that LR couldnt bothered documenting :lol: Paddocks list the description for STC4322 as "Brake servo -non ABS-90 from HA701010 and 110/130 fr HA901220". Which adds up as my VIN is after that 110 quoted. I'm assuming its a lucas part, so if someone is able to tell me the servo type, then i may be able to get the correct kit that way. I might phone up LR technical dept, although last time i rang they were about as useful as a chocolate fireplace.

Edit: Heres a few more pics to perhaps help identify this thing

post-3901-1213704949_thumb.jpgpost-3901-1213704826_thumb.jpg

That seal could be the part SJO100080, which was mentioned in the EPC although it was in red. I may just leave it in that case. Thank you very much for your help cipx2. Very much appreciated.

Harle,

I have looked at this previously, as I too wondered if it needed a new filter.

The servo you have is STC442 models HA-WA,

The later servo you quote STC4322 is XA- ....... the seal SJO100080 is also listed XA-..... as suggested probably all that is now available new from LR.

The Type50 NRC4775 & Type80 NRC4772 are listed to HA, so not applicable to the KA-93 year.

Although kits are listed for the Type50 & 80, there appear to be none for the STC442/4322 models.

A complete replacement is about £85.00 + vat.

Hope this helps

Rod