Wales Lanes?

Hi guys just looking to pick the brains of anyone with knowledge of the area around Bala in Snowdonia.

I am spending a long weekend at a campsite near Bala next weekend to meet an old friend I have not seen for a while and do some mountain biking and walking in the area, does anyone know of any scenic Lanes nearby that are worth looking at as an afternoon diversion and possibly ones with nice views for an evening/afternoon picnic/bbq?

I drive a 2in lifted Disco on muds and I am a good map reader so finding stuff should be ok.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

firemannotsam

Hi guys just looking to pick the brains of anyone with knowledge of the area around Bala in Snowdonia.

I am spending a long weekend at a campsite near Bala next weekend to meet an old friend I have not seen for a while and do some mountain biking and walking in the area, does anyone know of any scenic Lanes nearby that are worth looking at as an afternoon diversion and possibly ones with nice views for an evening/afternoon picnic/bbq?

I drive a 2in lifted Disco on muds and I am a good map reader so finding stuff should be ok.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

firemannotsam

Hiya.

I am situated close to Bala.....

The lakes at Llyn Brenig and Llyn Alwen have very good mountian bike/walking 'perimetric' accesible paths of 10 and 7 Km. respectively....both well signed and very scenic, comprised of forested/upland moor terrians.....Llyn Brenig has a visitor centre/cafe and fishing boat rental and one side of the lake has a scenic shoreline drive (several miles) with numerous parking laybyes and picnic benches for BBQ`s.

The two reserviour lakes of Brenig and Alwen are signposted off the B4501 (the road twixt Cerrigydrudion and Denbigh)

Hope you have fun.....this area is known as the "Hiraethog" ("The place of longing") and is full of great walks, amazing driving roads and if the weather is kind will make for truly memorable holidays! ;)

http://www.hiraethog.org.uk/content.php?nI...aID=3&lID=1

loads of lanes round that way, most with stunning views (that is if it's not covered in low cloud like it has been today :( ) First one that springs to mind to be honest would be the Wayfarer - nice and long and the summit's a good spot for a picnic.

I'll dig out some grid refs in a bit.

loads of lanes round that way, most with stunning views (that is if it's not covered in low cloud like it has been today :( ) First one that springs to mind to be honest would be the Wayfarer - nice and long and the summit's a good spot for a picnic.

I'll dig out some grid refs in a bit.

Thanks so far guys, Sheeppimp that sounds like the kind of lane I want as a summit to reach and have lunch before return would be ideal, I dont have a winch fitted so nothing to difficult that I can get stuck on!

Grids would be most gratefull.

Debs thanks for the info too, will be doing the mountain biking at the Coed-y-Brenin centre but will probbably be walking round the area.

firemannotsam