engine change conversion

pkerridge

hi all very new to this but hopefully some one can help- i have a m reg 300tdi for which the engine has completly given up and have decided to fit a 200 tdi in insted hopefully this will be a good move! the 200tdi is complete ie loom turbo alternator etc but not sure which clutch and flywheel will fit on the 300tdi box and which engine loom and also the 200 engine mounts seem to be where the power stering is as the 300 tdi engine mounts seem to situated further back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also 200Tdi mate to an LT77 gearbox. The 300Tdi's have an R380. I don't think it's straight forward swop. As said above sell the 200 and rebuild the 300 with the money.

HTH

Ivan

You can put a 200TDi where a 300 was and visa-versa, some guys from the club did the LR factory course and tried it, you do need to move a dowel or two on the bellhousing or clutch cover or something, but they're interchangeable. Not sure about the ancillaries and mounts though, I don't do TDi's.

But, given that every man and his dog wants a 200TDi these days, I'd sell it and either buy another 300 or rebuild the 300 while everyone's still hiding behind the sofa because it has wires on it. You can pick up a whole car for not much money.

You can put a 200TDi where a 300 was and visa-versa, some guys from the club did the LR factory course and tried it, you do need to move a dowel or two on the bellhousing or clutch cover or something, but they're interchangeable. Not sure about the ancillaries and mounts though, I don't do TDi's.

But, given that every man and his dog wants a 200TDi these days, I'd sell it and either buy another 300 or rebuild the 300 while everyone's still hiding behind the sofa because it has wires on it. You can pick up a whole car for not much money.

ok thanks every one so far i know they do go in just dont wanna get engine in the engine bay and find the mounts need to be re welded or the bell housing or fly wheel is different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls keep the info coming thanks