New Dash Layout

Propoed layout for dash below. All gauges to be new except odometer and fuel. Plus replacing the lower half of the dash with one that doesn't have a great hole hacked out if it for the radio, fitting a new radio underneath this too. And hopefully all being done by those nice mudstuff people next week. (Can't have a Mud Console - my dash is not the correct type.) What do you think?

post-5539-1214473858_thumb.jpg

Steve,

I had a good look at that device........two things....it is quite small and doesnt tart up what I have (which is a very very plain and dull dashboard....), also, it required a bit of user interaction, which might not always be the best thing while driving....oh and a third thing, the guages I've got add some nice blue ligh to the dash.

Hey ho - it might end up looking like a Land Rover with built-in Trat's Boudoir!! :P

Main dash Speedo/rev counter/water temp/fuel contents & lower dash oil temp/oil pressure/voltmeter. Can't see why the Mudstuff centre dash panel won't fit yours, it only needs part of the existing full vertical panel cutting out to let the Mudstuff part fit within, if there's no air ducts behind yours it might be worth a look.

if you haven't seem mine before it may give you a few more ideas

mine is speedo/ rev counter/temp/fuel & dashtop pod is voltmeter [vehicle],voltmeter[winch],oil temp,oil pressure.

post-20-1214497931_thumb.jpg

Ralph, 2 things please.....

....where did you get that Map reading light on the left of the picture?

& what is the switch on top of the gear shift for?

Martin

Map reading light came from Europa Spares IIRC here

the switch on gearstick is for my GKN overdrive