Running a landrover on something else

Wondering what it would take to power a 300tdi with the help of some gel batteries, i am not crazy, just crazy ish.

At a certain speed a dynamo could kick in, using exra umph from some batteries to keep the thing moving?

Also gaining power from the dynamo, and a wind turbine on the roof?

in theory

Guest wunntenn

If you're going that far you might as well go all the way and fit a large rubber band as well. And drop the wind turbine, it'll only slow you down.

Actually it have been done.

144v of Yellow top Optimas and an 9" advance DC motor are all you need. Sign up for the EV yahoo group and ask the question you want the answers for.

Wilde EV did it with a series 2. They had an onboard generator to extend the range which is not as pointless as you might think in terms of environments benefits.

http://www.evalbum.com/45

I have plans to build an AC motored Defender in the next 2 years using power from Evisol in the netherlands.

How about a small gas turbine running on gas brewed from the contents of the septic tank. Run this at optimum rpm to power a generator to charge a bank of batteries. As long as the batteries are fully charged at the start and regenerative braking is used, the turbine could be quite small?

I seem to remember the BRM/Rover turbines were quite small and sounded very interesting (last saw them at Goodwood Festival of Speed).

Probably a bit exciting if they let go though!