td5 tickover

scooby

ello members ;)

having read about oil getting in the injector loom on the td5 i have been wondering if mine has got the bug :(

i seem to get an uneven tickover now and again , i notice it more through the gear stick and sometimes a lack of power

when pulling away from a standing start , so where can i check it for oil in the loom and it's location please ;)

p.s

while i'm on a roll :blink: i here my air spring valve exhaust every so often is this the norm ? the springs are in good nick

and it stays up and level at all times running or not , when i had my first td5 many years ago i never recalled hearing it

then again i only kept it for 4 months :(

ecu is under the bonnet, have a look at the plugs going into it and see if there is evidence of oil there. i'm a defender man but think the ECU is in front of the battery box or the ABS pump.

correct - next to battery

cheers chaps i'll get on it tomorrow ;)

as i said loads of power just a bit sluggish when pulling away , a bit like turbo lag ;)

but with the intermitent vibration from stick it makes me think it maybe dropping off on a pot