Drum axle to disc brake con....

is it me...? just when.... you think you're getting ahead..... moan moan...moan... feel better now...!!

Right, 110, 1998, Td5 bent disc braked axle.... so dropped in an axle from a 1989 110 drum braked..

The stubben stub axles took a while to remove...

The stub axles on the drum axle locate by having a lip that goes on the outside of the axle casing...

The ones from the disc braked axle have an internal lip which locate on the inside of the axle housing....

So... the Td5 stub axles won't fit inside the drum braked axle housing...

Are there any other stub axles available...??

Many,many thanks

Dave....

EPC says this Rear stub axle ---

to chassis KA930455 & to axle 22S 08283B --- FRC3132

from axle 22S 08383B --- FRC8540 same as 110 [rear drum brakes]

rear disc brakes stub axle -- FTC1740 for 90's or FTC3188 for 90 & 110 :D

110 front hubs & stub axles can be used to convert from rear drum to rear disc brakes.

EPC says this Rear stub axle ---

to chassis KA930455 & to axle 22S 08283B --- FRC3132

from axle 22S 08383B --- FRC8540 same as 110 [rear drum brakes]

rear disc brakes stub axle -- FTC1740 for 90's or FTC3188 for 90 & 110 :D

110 front hubs & stub axles can be used to convert from rear drum to rear disc brakes.

Thanks Ralph,

I tried to post pics but they were to big, and I have enough trouble with LR's, Pc's are even worse...!!!

I'll pop out and get the numbers...

Thanks

DAve..

Hi,

Drum axle has the following number 21S 68849 the casing and stub axles are the same as in Diesel Jim's thread in the Techncial achive..

Drum brake 110 salisbury disc brake conversion, /drum roll/ at last!!!

Td5 axle... I can't find any numbers so here the chassis number SALLDHM87XA149518

Still no luck uploading pics..

If these numbers are any help, I appreciate any feed back..

Many thanks,

Dave..

these will be the existing drum braked stubs FRC8540 same as 110 [rear drum brakes] & FTC3188 on the Td5 axle

create a free photobucket account & host the pictures there then link them to here. or upload to 'my album' in 'my controls' on your profile page

or PM me for my e.mail addy & I'll host them on my PB pages.

these will be the existing drum braked stubs FRC8540 same as 110 [rear drum brakes] & FTC3188 on the Td5 axle

create a free photobucket account & host the pictures there then link them to here. or upload to 'my album' in 'my controls' on your profile page

or PM me for my e.mail addy & I'll host them on my PB pages.

Thanks for your reply Ralph... still need someone to hold my hand on this one... which stub axles do I need to put all the Td5 calipers, bearings and discs etc... onto the Drum axle... I have the caliper brackets... sorry if it's obvious... been a loong day

new baby, Noooo.... Zzzzzzzzzz..

cheers

Dave

Not having done my rear axle to disc yet, I'm not sure which subs you need, I don't know how important the lip on the back of the stub axle is, but I suppose it could be removed to let it mate with the main axle casing.

I've got a pair of 110 hubs & stubs to use for mine, so doubt I'll have the same problem. sorry can't be of much use.

Not having done my rear axle to disc yet, I'm not sure which subs you need, I don't know how important the lip on the back of the stub axle is, but I suppose it could be removed to let it mate with the main axle casing.

I've got a pair of 110 hubs & stubs to use for mine, so doubt I'll have the same problem. sorry can't be of much use.

Morning Ralph,

I believe the strength of the joint (stub axle to casing) is down to the mating faces, the lip is a tight fit internally or externally, or it would just be reliant on the 6x bolts....

As always you've been a wealth of knowledge, very appriciated..

Thanks

Dave