FAO Western

Les Henson

Hi Ralph.

The 4 x rubbers you gave me the part number for are not the same as the two ones I have already.

I picked them up from The Main Dealer yesterday and I gave them the part number and it's the same.

Are there two different rubbers for this application?

The hole they sit in is square (the new rubbers go in a round hole). Maybe the rad mounting rubbers are different from the intercooler ones? Or there are other rubbers in that same location that look similar, but in fact are not?

New rubbers are the same depth, but are smaller in general. If I put them in the square holes they will be too loose to use. I can use the two old ones as they are still in good condition, but that still leaves me 2 that are wrong. They are definitely from a 1990 2.5TD90, and are not lower mounts, as the hole for those is round. Maybe the radiator frame/mounting plates are the ones I have, in which case I got it wrong, but I can fit them and would prefer to do so as they are bigger. If there's a 'selection' of different ones, I could just buy some of each in the hope of getting the right ones (they are only about 50p each).

The spill rail/fuel filter/tank return is the exact one I need and was only £7

Thanks.

Les. :)

I'll check my Parts cat again & add the info here shortly.

thats good news about the spill/tank return :D

Paper parts cat tells me this

572312 bush radiator mounting----------------------------LOWER

NRC5544 bush radiator mounting--------------------------UPPER

on 200/300Tdi rad/intercooler assy's cat shows 8 x 572312 to locate the rad & intercooler into it's mounting frame.

&

then shows 2 x 572312 to fit the lower pin mounts on chassis front X member with 2 x NRC5544 to fit the upper pin mounts that bolt to the body.

hopefully that will sort the problem. :D

The 4 that I have are Part number 572312 - lower mount?

I could have sworn we took the number off a picture of the top of the radiator in your laptop?

Does it look like the top ones are bigger than the bottom in your picture?

Thanks for your help

The 4 that I have are Part number 572312 - lower mount?

I could have sworn we took the number off a picture of the top of the radiator in your laptop?

Does it look like the top ones are bigger than the bottom in your picture?

Thanks for your help

I took that number from the Tdi rad/intercooler exploded picture, they hold those 2 parts to the mounting frame which then uses 2 more at the lower fitting to chassis & 2 of NRC5544 at the upper fittings.

it was the upper ones I didn't note the numbers of for you, I can't tell the bush sizes on the parts pics,not sure what the size difference is without seeing both bushes side by side.

hth :D