What bit should I take

Heading over to New Zealand, cheapest way is to buy a landy, and then sell it when I leave.

Got my sights on a TD5 90, they say it's serviced and all ok, but want to take some bits that I can leave in the truck whilst going in the great outdoors / off road / middle of nowhere...

So what should I take? (can't be too heavy)

Heading over to New Zealand, cheapest way is to buy a landy, and then sell it when I leave.

Got my sights on a TD5 90, they say it's serviced and all ok, but want to take some bits that I can leave in the truck whilst going in the great outdoors / off road / middle of nowhere...

So what should I take? (can't be too heavy)

ARE YOU BRINGING A LANDY WITH YOU,OR BUYING HERE IN NZ.FOR PRICES OF NEW AND USED TRY THESE WEBSITES :ROVERLAND .CO.NZ ALSO FORWARD SPECS .CO.NZ AND OUR VERSION OF EBAY WHICH IS TRADEME.CO.NZ

Edited by western
Please refrain from typing in capitals, it's akin to shouting & not needed on any forum

Guest diesel_jim

Spare parts to keep the vehicle running?

an ECU

a flywheel position sensor (or maybe two...this is the only sensor that will stop a Td5, the others if they fail, will render it into "limp home" mode, but it'll still run)

an injector or 2.

an injector wiring harness (both parts engine and ECU end)

in tank pump.

these are the usual suspects on a Td5.

Oh, and a nanocom would be handy. for disabling the alarm ECU (maybe take a spare one of those too!) and installing the injectors and general fault finding.

Spare parts to keep the vehicle running?

an ECU

a flywheel position sensor (or maybe two...this is the only sensor that will stop a Td5, the others if they fail, will render it into "limp home" mode, but it'll still run)

an injector or 2.

an injector wiring harness (both parts engine and ECU end)

in tank pump.

these are the usual suspects on a Td5.

Oh, and a nanocom would be handy. for disabling the alarm ECU (maybe take a spare one of those too!) and installing the injectors and general fault finding.

cheers jim,

that's more like it.

NZ is not THAT big, but getting home / back to a shed or something will be useful...