RR steering box seals

RR370

I have a 91 box on my 83 RR and fitted it last week to find the input shaft seal leaks pretty bad. So I can get the lower selector shaft seal but I'm having problems finding the input shaft seal. Any ideas? I'm in the Boston USA area. LR dealers don't have this seal separate.

Thanks

You can get a complete seal kit for about $100 which I'm told has the seal. I'm going to go to a bearing/seal supplier and see if they have something similar. Interesting...a brake fluid mix?

Anyway now I'm on a mission so I will let you know if i find a seal. Lucky for me I bought the old one with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back in Costa Rica armed with spare parts. I found online a seal which was a rubber coated metal seal with a spring for the seal. I had to modify it sligthly but it fitted and as yet did not leak. Not bad for $3.00! I also fitted the expensive right angle box for the speedo cable which improved the speedo but it still clicks slighly so I figure the cable is bent also. Drove it to work today and never backed off for any of the pot holes......RR suspension rules.