Rev counter and alternater

Hi.

I am looking at a rev counter and have found one I like at ok money. but when I asked for a diesel version, they said it would be fine with an alternater with an output with a square wave signal 0 - 735 Hz, Now that means nothing to me so, Will it work with a 200 tdi alternater?

Or am i missing something.

Thanks

Hi.

I am looking at a rev counter and have found one I like at ok money. but when I asked for a diesel version, they said it would be fine with an alternater with an output with a square wave signal 0 - 735 Hz, Now that means nothing to me so, Will it work with a 200 tdi alternater?

Or am i missing something.

Thanks

On most LR-alternators the output for rev counter is labled W+. Just connect the rev counter to this W+ terminal. The rev counter may need to be callibrated.

For non-LR alternators different other labels are used. I have attached a cross-reference below:

post-1230-1217585230_thumb.jpg