Throttle Problems

AJL

Kev is right BUT if you are having to do that on a hill you have an EMS fault. You should be able to pull away on a 1in6 with no throttle thanks to the anti-stall. In low you should be able to pull away in first on a 45 degree slope with a full load with no throttle.

I will have a look in the unofficial TD5 faults book tomorrow.

BTW Kev if you read this can you ring me

David if you could have a quick look in your book it would be most appreciated!

Thanks

James

John_T I have blanked off several EGR systems and to the best of my knowledge the only fault normally stored is with the EGR system on the ones I have done, no running problems. Td5s create airflow faults, injector faults, wiring faults, sensor fault, kitchen sink faults, and anything else you can think of but it doesn't mean there is anything wrong. I was looking at one today which had 13 different fault codes stored and there was actually nothing wrong with it.... I think they suffer a little from hypochondria

Aha....that explains the sneezing noise it made this morning.....I'll go and pop a paracetamol in the tank to keep it happy! :lol:

Well as an update to this thread my problems were centred around not the ECU (of which i now have a spanking new spare) but with a non operational air flow meter this was picked up by Autologic test book this afternoon. Purchased a new airflow meter and hey presto throttle response back to normal plus the engine has got more go! :D

Well as an update to this thread my problems were centred around not the ECU (of which i now have a spanking new spare) but with a non operational air flow meter this was picked up by Autologic test book this afternoon. Purchased a new airflow meter and hey presto throttle response back to normal plus the engine has got more go! :D

Ah so when I said

However a genuine airflow meter fault can produce a massive power loss, I have seen two with this fault in the last six months or so, dodgy readings from the airflow meter produced a big loss of power but no fault code, it was only picked up with a voltmeter and swapping in another AFM.

I wasn't too far wrong then ;)