1990 RRC: I found where to put the ECU........

ThreeSheds

I wanted to put the ECU higher up than it's original location under the seat and, after a lot of faffing around I found a space above the parcel shelf on the passenger side. Plenty of room up there, must be 12" higher up, and the original wiring reaches (behind the dash-vents) quite nicely. Of course this is only for non-A/C cars, and the access is not quite so good (but I can still get at it in about 3 minutes). I put the fuel pump and injector relays up there too.

Now all I need to do is find somewhere to put the secret immobiliser - oops sorry I mean the inertia switch ;) (did you know you can lift the button and it stops the fuel pump?)

TwoSheds (I sold the third)

[quote name='ThreeSheds' date='Aug 4 2008, 10:01 P

Now all I need to do is find somewhere to put the secret immobiliser - oops sorry I mean the inertia switch ;) (did you know you can lift the button and it stops the fuel pump?)

TwoSheds (I sold the third)

M' post='295177']

Hi do the earlier rr v8 3.5 efi's have this inertia switch, and where is it located please?

Hi do the earlier rr v8 3.5 efi's have this inertia switch, and where is it located please?

Hi,

I am afraid that I can't answer your question with regard to 3.5's, other than to say where mine is (was)...

Under the rear of the front passenger seat there is a cross-member. The unit is screwed in a vertical position to the front face of this cross-member. It is quite easy to see if you know where to look, and has a little button on top that pops up if you have a knock. the unit cuts power to the fuel pump.

I believe that if the passenger seat is right forward then it would be possible to reach it from the driver's seat, but can't be sure since mine doesn't have seats at the mo.

If like me, you are thinking of moving it, then you should consider that to work as intended it needs to be mounted vertically to a rigid part of the vehicle (not trim)

TwoSheds