FAULT 10-04 gearbox/abs drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 10-06 mil lamp drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 10-07 glowplug lamp drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 14-04 gearbox/abs drive open load CURRENT

FAULT 15-02 High speed crank LOGGED

FAULT 27-02 injector 2 peak charge long LOGGED

FAULT 27-03 injector 3 peak charge long LOGGED

FAULT 31-04 injector 4 open circuit LOGGED

The vehicle also has problems starting after it has been sitting a while (esp overnight / when engine cold) but otherwise seems ok apart from a noisy fuel pump

Are any of these worth worrying about / what would you advise doing? Please excuse my ignorance - I am learning... slowly!

Many thanks in advance

FAULT 27-02 injector 2 peak charge long LOGGED

FAULT 27-03 injector 3 peak charge long LOGGED

FAULT 31-04 injector 4 open circuit LOGGED

Those 3 are classic indications of oil in the injector loom. It's easy to change or clean out. You will probably need the loom and a rocker cover gasket.

HTH

Those 3 are classic indications of oil in the injector loom. It's easy to change or clean out. You will probably need the loom and a rocker cover gasket.

HTH

There is oil in the red end of the ECU plug (where it goes into the ECU)... Not much, but it covers a few of the connectors. Whats the best way to clean it out?

There is oil in the red end of the ECU plug (where it goes into the ECU)... Not much, but it covers a few of the connectors. Whats the best way to clean it out?

That oil has run down thru the injector loom from the inside of the rocker cover. I would use brake cleaner to remove the oil, but also replace the injector loom because the seal on the end of the loom inside the rocker cover is leaking and you get the same situation again.

HTH

That oil has run down thru the injector loom from the inside of the rocker cover. I would use brake cleaner to remove the oil, but also replace the injector loom because the seal on the end of the loom inside the rocker cover is leaking and you get the same situation again.

HTH

It'll be a couple of weeks before I'll be able to get hold of a new one (I live in Botswana), how often would you check for oil and remove in the meantime?

thanks for your help

To solve this problem once and for all. You get yourself a new harness, connect it up, reseal the injectors, and introduce a cut in the loom and use connectors to join the wires together. Why? so the oil doesn't come down the loom into the red connector and screw up the ECU. If ever the oil gets down again, they will collect at the connector which can be then cleaned out without getting it all over into the ECU and pcb inside.

FAULT 10-04 gearbox/abs drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 14-04 gearbox/abs drive open load CURRENT

I presume your vehicle doesn't have ABS, so these are normal and they'll always be present.

FAULT 10-06 mil lamp drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 10-07 glowplug lamp drive open load LOGGED

FAULT 15-02 High speed crank LOGGED

Don't worry about these if they're not CURRENT

As suggested for the injector faults.

I presume your vehicle doesn't have ABS, so these are normal and they'll always be present.

Thanks, I've also been looking for that answer. Did wonder why these fault codes kept on returning after being cleared.

Cheers

Marco

• 1 month later...

I cleared the aforementioned codes 4 weeks ago.

Now plugged in the nano again and get these:

01-05 turbocharger wastegate short circuit CURRENT

02-08 ambient pressure circuit LOGGED

03-05 driver demand problem 1 CURRENT

04-01 inlet air temperature circuit CURRENT

04-03 coolant temperature circuit CURRENT

10-04 gearbox/abs drive open load LOGGED

14-04 gearbox/abs drive open load CURRENT

What should I be looking for? Any ideas why the sudden circuit errors, and the driver demand is strange too

Many thx in adv from an inexperienced LR owner