200 TDi headlamp fitting problems

sealt

This is for a 1991 disco 200 TDI

I got me a pair of new headlamps (STC767 and STC768) made by bearmach,and it was a plastic clip and an adjuster knob packed with it but to me it seems like the bolts are way to short or that i am missing some bits.The bolts are about the same length as the plastic clip.

Here it is a pic that shows the old and new one.

gallery_137_9_554567.jpg

As you can see from the pic that the old lamp with the fixing on had plenty room for adjustments.But the BM lamp only got a few treads when i pushed the fixing to the bottom and on the pic i put the adjuster knob next to the bolt just to illustrate that its no way this can be right.

Its the same thing on both lamps

Anyone know if i got wrong bits or is it me that is doing everything wrong?

Seems to me that the studs are to short compared to the old one,barely long enough for the plastic piece to fit as the picture above shows.

When i measured the studs they seem to be about an inch longer on the old lamp.

When i push it in so the treads go past the plastic piece the lamp is touching the metal behind it and lights up the treetops.Maybee the birds likes it but the MOT guy doesnt like it :P

As long as it sits til i get it trough the MOT im happy with it,found the solution to fit/adjust pretty wiered compared to what im used to.

Gonna have it on the MOT'ed 11/9 so i hope i have done good enough work on it :P