Better Turning Circle

Phil

My son and I have been competing in Tyro trials this season using my 110. We (mainly me!) would do better if we could improve the turning circle. The vehicle runs on 235/85s fitted to standard 5.5" steel wheels. Will I get improved lock if I put the tyres on Wolf wheels instead?

Thanks,

Phil.

Thanks, both, unfortunately I'm confused which is not unusual! If "the inner distance from rim to bolt plane is exactly the same on both" surely the Wolf wheels won't allow for a tighter turning circle?

What Lars is saying is that the inside edge of the rim is in the same place, on both rims the wolf rims are wider than yours but the offset is different so all the extra width is on the outside edge.

Basically it won't help your lock as it will rub in the same place as your normal ones would if you backed off the steering stops

maybe tme for a 90 ;)

fear my mspaint skills!!

offsetts8.jpg

Thank you, that's completely clear, very much appreciated!!

:i-m_so_happy:

no problem

You could stick some spacers on and use your original wheels as that would push them further out and allow you to wind in the steering stops.

Some people don't like spacers as they say they put more load on the hub bearings but it is no different from using greater offset wheels in my opinion

The other thing to think about is the tighter your steering at full lock the greater the load you are putting on your CVs', especially if your doing trial/challenge events where you may have a wheel dug in at full lock.

Maybe just stick some hyro steering on the rear ;)

I'm not keen on spacers - although I have no rational objection to them! My son suggested fiddle brakes but, to be honest, I think I just need to improve my driving :rolleyes:

Put your wheels on back to front? that will push them out

Some chap at Slindon the other week through me totaly whan he pulled a 90 degree turn straight in front of me when he wanged on his fiddle brakes, was totaly not expecting it, not to mention the lack of any trail where he decided to go :P