none starter

mikmon

hi could anyone one tell me what the light on the dash is its the one shaped liki a car with a key in it next ti the batt light !

i thing this is why my disco wont start but i dont have a user manual to look it up in many thanks

mik

Hi

Thats the engine immobilisation light (Red), basically your truck engine is immobilised. Press the unlock button on the remote to disable it. If your battery is dead or almost dead on the remote change it then in should hopefully be okay(if battery dead will not knock o0ff the immobiliser), unless of course you have other issues.

Regards

Keith

Hi

Thats the engine immobilisation light (Red), basically your truck engine is immobilised. Press the unlock button on the remote to disable it. If your battery is dead or almost dead on the remote change it then in should hopefully be okay(if battery dead will not knock o0ff the immobiliser), unless of course you have other issues.

Regards

Keith

What age of disco is it?

You should have an EKA (Emergency Key Access) Code. I think it was a 4 digit code which you enter using the key in the drivers door lock, have a search around and you should find more about it.

If you don't have the EKA code then LR Dealers should be able to give it to you (at a a nominal cost) if you pop in with your log book and some ID

AFAIK it would have that EKA code, got to be worth a try.

The biggest fault with LR design, is that by the time a problem occurs (in your case it's 12 years old) the lock in the drivers door is usually that worn that it becomes very difficult to enter the code, some people have to resort to taking the lock apart to enter the code.

HI

well that worked out a lot easyer that i thought i called L/R and they said about log book £10 and pic id i thought sh*t i got no pic id lol

so out of interest thought wot would happen if i dissconected the batt shorted it a few time then reconected it and guess wot it work lol

cant be bad ! cheers for the advice tho guys much appreciated !

mik