Chug chug chug!

yoda

A strange noise appeared a couple of days ago and has been intermittant since then. Have finally pinned it down to my fuel tank. A sort of chug chug noise and there is a lot of vibration travelling through the fuel line from the tank. p.s. changed the fuel tank in July and no problems until now, however thought I was loosing a bit of power .. maybe. Ta (300 tdi)

My 300Tdi made chug chug noises when the valve stem caps broke. Listen to the air intake.

In your case I would check that the tank breather isn't blocked - could also be the lift pump although those normally just stop working. Another culprit for strange noises is the vacuum pump.

My 300Tdi made chug chug noises when the valve stem caps broke. Listen to the air intake.

In your case I would check that the tank breather isn't blocked - could also be the lift pump although those normally just stop working. Another culprit for strange noises is the vacuum pump.

Many thanks will check it today :)

Not so much the tank breather as the vent in the fuel cap, next time it chugs, take off the cap and watch it gurgle down the inside of the filler neck as the vacuum is released. Took my cap apart and drilled a tiny hole in it, I guess the svo i'm using may have gummeed up the little ball valve.