Discovery II Leather seats retro fit?

spcollins

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about buying a 2004 Discovery TD5 Auto (S model) and it has cloth seats. Is it possible to replace these seats with leather seats from a similar aged Discovery?

The standard seats have manual adjustment and are not heated but the leather seats from an ES or HSE have electrics. Is there a loom in the standard Disco to run these? Any ideas on switchgear?

Also, will any Disco II seats fit or will they have to be from 2003 on (facelift model)?

Any suggestions where to buy the leather seats?

Thank you!

Simon.

I think they are all pretty much the same apart from the trim pattern but not 100% certain :unsure:

I am pretty sure my D2 has a cable underneath it which I always thought was for the seat heater (not fitted) but I don't know about electric seats, there is probably an ECU somewhere to control them so it may be a bit more involved. Could you swap the leather cushions onto the manual seats you have at the moment?

There are companies around that will retrim your existing seats in leather which might be a good (if expensive) option.