Series 200TDI Gearbox question ??

mudmuncher

Hi all

I have a series 3 with a 200TDI disco engine in it and a standard 4 speed series gearbox >

My gearbox is on the way out and i just wondered what my options are ???

I know i cant fit a LT77 box in without lots of mods to the axles longer rear prop 4wd issue etc

So the question is Can i fit a LT77 gearbox and fit the standard series transfer box to it ?? correct me if i am wrong but then i wouldnt have any problems with perement 4wd and the series axles and the props will be standard length ??

Can this be done / has anyone done it ???

Any advise would be gratefully recieved

Many thanks

Correct - ashcroft does a kit to allow you to bolt the series transfer box to the LT77. However the LT77 is longer than the series box so you still end up having to mess about with propshaft lengths to get it all to fit.

I made my own conversion to do this years ago (the ashcroft one was unavailable then). However for the agro involved I think the LT230 is a better conversion. I put an LT230 in mine last year and just run in permanet 4wd. I dont do a lot of miles in mine so can put up with the kick back in the steering on full lock on the road.

Jon

Same here, had an lt77 to a series TC but it eventually gave up (home made kit) i now run lt77 and an lt230, i sorted the permanent 4 issue by installing a stage 1 v8 front axle. You need the same work to get them to fit whatever you decied. If i had to do it again i would run an lt230 converted to selectable 2wd, easier than finding a stage 1 v8 axle.

Grem